I made some hair vines and flower pins for the bridesmaids from various bits and pieces from the haberdashery and starionery shop. And if I do say so myself I think they looked pretty classy once the girls had their hair put up...
My other half is very allergic to all kinds of flowers, so we decided to minimise the flowers at the wedding - a challenge in itself as they often form the mainstay of the decorations.
Undeterred tho, we set to folding paper, tearing up old magazines, with even my Dad getting press-ganged into the table centrepiece production line. We took a bunch of my old engineering journals and chopped them into small squares, which were then rolled into cones and stuck into florist's oasis.
Instead of real flowers, myself and my bridesmaids had a huge fake carnation each (which I have to confess came from Poundland!) which I gave a makeover to using beads and feathers. I know they're never going to be mistaken for the real thing, but in their own way they've definitely got some charm.
More weddingy makes & cakes to follow in DIY Weddingness - Part II!