So assuming no laptop disasters, or anything really riveting on the TV, this will be the first of a few posts.
I'm starting off with an easy one - and by that I mean one I don't really have to write myself, since it was written for my by my sister, the lovely Auntie L, as part of the Spring Surprise Ingredient Swap I rounded-up back in April.
She bucked the sweet trend and made some burgers... bean burgers to be precise.
"I'm not sure what to call this burger… I guess bean burger? It was based on a falafel burger recipe but I didn't have chickpeas so ended up with this. You might ask why I picked a recipe in which I don't have the main ingredient… Hmm… not sure."
It's obviously a family trait - not having any of the right ingredients has never deterred me either.
She goes on to say:
- A LOT of red onions, maybe about 6 or 7 (finely chopped)
- (that's in the onion bowl and this gets softened first!)
- half a bulb of garlic (pressed)
- about a tablespoon of ground cumin
- QUITE a lot of carrot, about 6 or 7 but I think some of mine were diddy
- parsley (a good handful, chopped)
- chilli peppers (about 2 or 3 dried ones, chopped, depending how spicy you like it)
- (that's in the orange bowl and this gets added to the onion to cook a little)
- 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained and mashed
- half a tin of baked beans, mashed
- third of a jar of tahini
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of flour
- (that's in the mashed up bowl and this gets added to the vegetables)